Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chili Cookoff


I have to say, the Chili Cookoff was an outstanding success. I am still and will be for a while, jokingly, a little bitter that I didn't even place... That's some bullshit right there... But I digress, I lost, but everyone had a swell time.


I suppose I should offer Kristen congratulations here, so good job, but like I said, if you think you are going to threepeat you are in for a fight to the end. I will spend the the next year studying up on my peppers and perfecting my recipe. I believe that was my downfall last weekend. In my mind I had the best tasting chili, but it was lacking a little something on the end... Need more heat, but subtle heat... let it creep up on you.


So thanks to everyone who participated and everyone who got Shelly stoned. The clouds stayed away and although it was a bit hot, it was a fun time, with plenty fo lousy beer and some subpar chili's as well, but it's a party I don't mind hosting and spending a little bit of money on. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did and hopefully we can make it even bigger next year. A band perhaps?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

your chili sucked ballz.